Join us for a day of learning!
Recharge your professional learning by spending the day with Arts Education Collaborative at the annual Regional Arts Education Day on October 9, 2017 at Keystone Oaks Middle School. The day will begin at 8 AM and end at 4 PM.
Keynote speaker Bill Isler, former President and CEO of The Fred Rogers Company, will kick off the day. Bill’s leadership of The Fred Rogers Company led to the creation of the TV shows Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Peg + Cat, and Odd Squad, which have won 17 Daytime Emmy awards. Bill was honored by PBS in 2017 with the “Be more” Award.
Confirmed breakout sessions include:
- Understanding ESSA: The New Federal Education Law and Its Impact on Arts Education – Mark Despotakis, Progressive Music
- Using STEAM Learning to Design Your Space – Nina Barbuto, Assemble
- The Importance of Teaching the HEARTS in Our Schools – Rich Panteleo
- LoTI and the Arts Classroom – Ashley Mutschler, Ringgold School District
- Introduction to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Phoebe Stern, Arts Education Collaborative
- Not Your Music Teacher’s Concert/Not Your Art Teacher’s Art Show – Keystone Oaks School District
- STEAM + Inquiry = Access for All – Angela Capuzzi, Brownsville Area School District
- An Introduction to Wick for the Arts Classroom – Luca Damasco and Zach Rispoli, Carnegie Mellon University
- Apps for Educators, Part II – Melissa Unger, South Fayette Township School District
A special strand will be offered for health and physical education teachers, although these sessions are open to all interested attendees:
- Pioneering Wellness, an introduction to Slippery Rock University’s new HPE program – Ethan Hull, Slippery Rock University
- Creative Movement in the HPE Classroom – Michele de la Reza, Attack Theatre and Kristy Schelb, South Fayette Township School District
Individual tickets are $75 and can be purchased at AEC’s EventBrite page. Registration includes breakfast and lunch. Discounts are available for districts sending teams of teachers. Contact Jamie Kasper at email@example.com for more information.
Registration closes on October 3. No late or on-site registrations will be accepted.