Policy & Advocacy
The AEC is an important voice for arts education policy influencing in the region, state, and nation.
Be an arts education advocate in Pennsylvania!
- Start a parent-teacher arts advocacy group
- Create an arts education and advocacy email list
- Review the current arts offerings in your school
- Spread the word to your local government
- Meet with the superintendent or principal of your school
- Make presentations to your district’s Board of Education/Supervisors
- Join coalitions advocating for the arts
- Invite elected officials and their families to school performances and exhibitions
- Be an active advocate
- Be informed and do your homework
The AEC provides information on a variety of resources to aid with arts education advocacy and raise awareness about issues facing arts and arts education for educators, parents, and arts and culture organizations in Southwestern Pennsylvania. Click here for a list of Advocacy Resources and Links.
Click here to download the Arts Education Collaborative Arts Advocacy Pamphlet (PDF).
Click here to view the Policy & Advocacy Issue Archive.